June 25 | 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM | $95+hst
August 13 | 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM | $95+hst
September 7 | 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM | $95+hst
This course provides an introductory experience of organic vegetable farming in the scenic hills of Mono. Your guide on this experience is Jamie Richards from Am Braigh Farm, a working intensive organic farm. He brings 25 years of growing experience plus his educational background to give the participant a taste of what it is like to be a farmer, learn about the basics of organic gardening, experience the local food movement first hand culminating with participants harvesting vegetables from the fields of Am Braigh Farm to take home.
Lunch will be prepared by one of our local chefs using ingredients from Am Braigh Farm. Vegetarian and meat options are available. Please advise if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Greetings and Introductions
- Am Braigh’s Extreme Vegetable scavenger hunt: Can you find and identify the 30+ vegetables?
- Chickens as teachers: What chickens can teach us about themselves, how we should farm, and about life in general.
- Learn about the basics of organic food production with some hands-on work at the farm.
- Harvest time. During this activity, you will be harvesting and preparing the salad that you will be taking home using ingredients from Am Braigh Farm.
The activities are held in the open where social distancing can be observed. There Gloves and hand sanitizing facilities will be available.
Participants will be outside for most of the day and should dress appropriately. Footwear that is suitable for walking is strongly recommended.
Course registration is limited to 15 participants.